Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A special present.

Hello friends :-)


My Mother's birthday is coming up in a couple days. And we have been getting ready for the party. You see it is tradition in Ewok society that when it is someone's birthday, we hold a village wide celebration. These celebrations are a lot of fun. There is a lot of good food, and music to dance to. We stay up late and listen to the elders tell stories of their youth. This is the one time I enjoy being here.

It is also tradition that each member of the village gives her/him something. It can be anything from fruits or dried meats, that will be eaten that night, to small tokens, like a colorful rock or shell.

I have been working really hard on a special present for her:






I have worked really hard on it. I spent weeks looking for special stones and other small trinkets to add to it. I even carved a few stones to resemble the animals that live here in the forest and river.

Do you think she will like it?

6 Comments:

Blogger Dark Jedi Kriss said...

I think she will like very much. It's very pretty.

10:35 AM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

I think she will like it too.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Local Henchmen 432 said...

It is very nice

6:15 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Isn't there about 500 of you in a village? If so wouldn't that entail a birthday celeberation with the whole village almost everyday of the year?

I think we have discovered by teh Ewoks did not advance in technology, but are in the space age of Party.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

We only celebrate the Elders birthdays village wide.

Us kids only have family parties.

11:35 AM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

Us kids? I thought you were old enoough to drink?

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home