Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm in Love

Hello friends :-)

I just want to say, I'm in love.

I'll start from the beginning.

Today was the first time I was allowed out of the house since I was sick. I had met up with Kip and we went to our special tree. He studied some words, but he was having a hard time concentrating and he seemed a bit nervous. So finally I asked him what was wrong.

He told me how he really feels about me. He said that when I was really sick and they thought I might not make it, he got really worried. He told me he couldn't imangine what it would be like with out me. He even confessed he cried a few times. He said that he has always had feelings for me. But the thought of losing me made him realize just how strong these feeling were.

He then picked me this pretty flower and placed it in my hood. This is an Ewok tradition. The male gives a female he cares for a trinket and it shows everyone else that she has been claimed. And nine out of ten, these couples stay together for life.

The rest of the day we spent talking and cuddling. It was so nice :-)

When I got home, I showed my Mother my flower. She was so happy that she danced around our hut. She told me she really likes Kip and she knew we would be together.

Now there is more I want to say. Actually it is more of a question for you outsiders.

After getting home and Mothers happy dance was over, I started to research what outsiders did for romance. And I found it rather disturbing.

It seems that the only thing outsiders care about is how good their partners are in bed. And it seem to be one of the first things you do after you claim each other. I just wonder if it is like that with all outsiders.

With in Ewok society, when we find someone we care for, we claim them. Just as Kip claimed me. They give each other a trinket to show they are together. Ours is a flower.

Most of the time a couple will start out as friends.

Then we date. When we go to parties or ceremonies we stick by our partners. It is wrong to dance with another female/male once you are claimed. Unless it is in a group.

When we first start dating we cuddle and hold hands. Then after awhile we kiss. then once we know we are ment to be, we mate. This normally happens after a ceremony you outsiders call a marriage.

This is how it works in the Ewoks society..... outsiders seem to skip a few step. Us Ewoks love our mates for who they are, not for how good they are in bed. And it is definitely one of the last things we care about when we meet.

I guess that just shows how different our lives are compared to outsiders.

8 Comments:

Blogger flu said...

Your traditions aren't so different from outsiders.

Well... as long as you don't pay any attention to the fact that you guys are walking around plum naked except for your hoods, then they're not so different.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Son Goku said...

It's not all outsiders I've was friend with nmy wife since I was a kid , and we didn't do anything until We were married

7:57 AM  
Blogger Dark Jedi Kriss said...

How sweet! I should bring my Ewok to yuor village, he might likr ti there. He's not really mine, I just take care of him. Maybe we can find him a gal.

9:52 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Well, it works best if you are friends with your mate. But I still want my mate to be good in bed and would like it if they want to go to bed with me.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Local Henchmen 432 said...

Hey just because they are different doesn't mean they are wrong. "Don't you judge me". Vote Henchy. Dental for all.

Dr.Polaris rules.

10:55 AM  
Blogger captain koma said...

Hey, Lin had to drag me into bed the first time.

I was too much in my head. Then we were too much in the bed. Now its a lot more even.

Humans have a more aggressive libido. As for Lin well I thank God every night for Dr. McCoy.

Koma.

5:25 AM  
Blogger J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

I totally predicted this! In the interview on the HU times! See! I'm all knowing!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Phobia said...

I'd say it depends on your own point of view.. Society en masse seems to skip a lot of the steps a lot of the time, but the way it is done in your village Emma, I believe is the right way.. now if only everyone else would see it as I do.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home